Kevin Nash Calls Out WWE Over One-Sided Contract Clauses That Hurt Wrestlers’ Market Value

Subhojeet Mukherjee 3 min read
Follow
Us
To Stay Connected With Our Updates

Kevin Nash is doubling down on his criticism of TKO and WWE’s current contract strategy — and this time he’s specifically targeting reported contract language that could heavily restrict wrestlers after leaving the company.

During the May 18, 2026 edition of Kliq This, Nash unloaded over clauses that could allegedly prevent talent from negotiating with outside wrestling companies for up to nine months while also allowing WWE to potentially match outside offers afterwards. The WWE Hall of Famer made it clear he sees the contracts as overwhelmingly one-sided in favor of the company.

“Their counterpunch is basically, ‘We have reasons for dismissal—any reason whatsoever or no reason at all.’ When you’re signing that kind of contract, it basically says this is the most one-sided contract in America.”

Nash then turned his attention toward the reported nine-month restriction period, arguing that the clause becomes even more damaging if WWE intentionally weakens a wrestler’s value before departure.

“And now, on top of that, you’re not allowed to negotiate for nine months with any outside entity in professional wrestling.”

He continued by explaining how badly a wrestler’s stock can drop after months of losing on television before exiting the company.

“Do you know how much you’re worth after you’ve jobbed for every guy in the locker room—and then six or seven of the women have beaten you—and then you decide to go out there?”

According to Nash, that type of booking can dramatically reduce leverage when negotiating with rival companies like All Elite Wrestling. Nash also admitted he spent significant time thinking about the situation before recording the podcast, even though he knows the issue no longer personally impacts him.

“Your worth is now 25% of what it was. So it’s easy for WWE to match it. “I thought about it and thought about it and thought about it—I knew we were going to do the show tonight—and I said, it doesn’t affect me, so I’m not going to get worked up. It’s not my fight.”

Still, Nash made it clear he sympathizes with current wrestlers dealing with modern WWE contracts because he understands the pressure of surviving under the system.

“I lived by the rules that these guys are living by. You just have to pray you’re a top guy and that you’re taken care of.”

These new comments come only one week after Nash previously blasted TKO over reports of massive contract restructures and reduced talent deals. During that rant, Nash accused executives of protecting corporate bonuses while asking wrestlers to accept major cuts under WWE’s evolving business structure.

The growing controversy follows reports from Bryan Alvarez claiming WWE has pursued restructures that could reduce some contracts by as much as 50%, with TKO justifying the changes by pointing to lighter schedules and fewer live events compared to previous WWE eras.

Bottom line: Kevin Nash is now publicly criticizing reported WWE contract clauses that could prevent wrestlers from negotiating elsewhere for nine months, arguing the system becomes even more unfair if talent are booked poorly before leaving the company.

Loading video…

Do you think WWE’s reported contract structure is fair business practice, or are the restrictions becoming too one-sided against wrestlers? Leave your thoughts and feedback below.

Please credit Ringside News if you use the above transcript in your publication.

Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet Mukherjee has covered pro wrestling for over 20 years, delivering trusted news and backstage updates to fans around the world.