Toni Storm made her return to WWE television last month and since then simply wanted to see her compete for the Smackdown Women’s Title. They got their wish as she began feuding with Charlotte Flair on Friday Night Smackdown. It seems WWE changed Storm’s schedule as well.
Unfortunately, the feud was far from watchable for fans as it featured them throwing pies at each other, which was not something fans wanted to see at all. Even after her main roster debut, there was a long period of time where Storm was simply gone from WWE television.
In the end, Toni Storm was released by WWE and the belief was that Storm requested this and was granted it. However, that was not exactly the case as Toni Storm ultimately left without giving any prior notice to anyone.
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE had changed up Toni Storm’s schedule at the last moment as she was not initially scheduled to appear for the DC live event.
Another story going around was that she was never booked for DC and it was a last minute call and she was told at 8 a.m. that morning. She had a good main roster contract that she was walking away from. At the same time, they had done nothing with her for years and this was by far the highest profile thing she had been doing and walked out during a house show run where she was in the semi-main every night this week.
It was also said that Toni Storm was burned out before quitting WWE. Toni Storm was unable to defeat Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women’s Championship on the Christmas Eve edition of Friday Night Smackdown and it seems that was her last televised match in WWE. We will have to wait and see what is next in store for Storm.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!