WWE’s efforts to trim the company’s bottom line have been well-documented. As fans await NXT 2.0 coming at them next week, the black and gold brand will do it without a lot of the crew they are used to.
According to a report from Bodyslam.net, WWE’s NXT brand went through another round of cuts in the last week. Now they are down to a “skeleton crew.” It was explicitly noted that a bulk of those cuts came from production.
While speaking with sources in WWE, I was informed that there was another round of production related cuts made at NXT this week. Additionally, I was told that “They’re down to a skeleton crew.” When I asked for details as to which areas within the company were part of the latest round of terminations, I was just told “production.”
Ringside News exclusively reported that the main roster is down to only one backstage camera crew. This caused a lot of issues with production because they have to make things work in this situation. We’ll have to see what NXT looks like on Tuesday, but they’re not getting a ton of help to pull it off.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!