Ric Flair isn’t shy at all about what is on his mind. At 70-years-old nothing has changed for The Nature Boy. However, he might have a lawsuit to deal with soon enough.
Flair recently explained why he took such huge shots at Shawn Michaels and he also revealed that he cussed out Jim Ross for what he said about him on the ESPN 30 For 30 documentary as well. This didn’t seem to cool anything down at all.
Last week, Flair released a video where he buried his former management for stealing money from him when they thought he was dying. This did not set too well with his former representation, nor should it.
Legacy Talent has released a statement on Ric Flair’s comments about them. They claim to be taking the first steps in suing The Nature Boy for defamation due to what he said about them in that video which he did have taken down within the next day after posting it.
“Today we have taken the first step and filed a Civil Lawsuit against Richard M. Fliehr a/k/a as Ric Flair and certain unnamed (for now) defendants for defamation per se and look forward to proving the falsity of every wrongful allegation contained in his video that was posted on YouTube on June 3, 2019. Ric Flair having taken down the video is not enough.
We will vigorously use the court system to protect our good names and reputations, and obtain damages due to Ric Flair’s defamatory comments contained in the video. We intend to amend the lawsuit to include all involved parties and hold all involved accountable.
We completely stand behind our client’s well known reputation for truthfulness, professionalism, honor, and integrity.”
Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that a lawsuit hasn’t been filed yet, but this is certainly a serious threat.
Flair did take down the video where he buried his former agent, but you can read everything he said here.