Mercedes Mone walked out of WWE in May of 2022, and it appears that she will stay away from the company for even longer. Although there was hope that Sasha Banks will return to WWE, that doesn’t appear to be happening now.
We previously reported that things could change for Mercedes Mone’s talks with any company in the pro wrestling world. There are many big events she could come to and create an enormous amount of buzz.
Sean Sapp is now reporting behind Fightful’s paywall that WWE and Sasha Banks are no longer talking about a return. It was said that WWE and Mercedes Mone had good talks, but they didn’t work anything out at this time.
Top free agent Mercedes Mone aka Sasha Banks and WWE had been engaged in conversations to possibly bring her back to the company. However, WWE sources stated to Fightful Friday night that the two sides are no longer in active negotiations regarding a return.
The two sides had recently been engaged in conversations about a return. We’re told the dialogue was friendly, the back and forth failed to progress, and WWE sources claim that their side walked as a result of it.
It was also noted that, “Another source within the company believed that she would end up appearing elsewhere imminently, but didn’t state where. AEW has their Worlds End Show Saturday, NJPW has Wrestle Kingdom next week, and TNA Wrestling is rebranding for Hard to Kill in two weeks.”
We will have to see if things change for Mercedes Mone and WWE. After all, CM Punk’s deal to return to WWE didn’t come together until days prior to Survivor Series.
We will keep our eye on this story, and so much more, here at Ringside News. You never know what headlines will pop up in 2024, because 2023 has been a wild ride.
What’s your take on Mercedes Mone’s status in the pro wrestling world? Let us know what you think in the comments section!