William Regal’s contributions to the pro wrestling world are always a topic of discussion for a good reason. Lord Regal was released from his WWE contract on January 5, 2022, which shocked numerous fans. In fact, even Triple H was unhappy with his release.
William Regal made his AEW debut at the promotion’s Revolution pay-per-view event on March 6th of this year. As previously reported, William Regal has officially departed from AEW.
According to Fightful’s paywall, a source said that it was not really a surprise that William Regal is likely headed back to WWE, as he was always close to Triple H. In fact, Triple H was very unhappy with Regal’s release.
We don’t have any details on the unusual length of the deal after he debuted back in March, or any provisions associated. A WWE source said that it does not come as any surprise that William Regal is likely headed back, because Triple H was “very unhappy” that Regal was let go in the first place.
NXT sources had long told Fightful that William Regal was considered a lifer with that brand specifically, something that Triple H mentioned himself to us once. Those in WWE expect him to resume an advanced role similar to the one he had before, but that wasn’t confirmed.
William Regal is expected to begin his WWE tenure next year. It remains to be seen what William Regal will do once he returns to WWE next year as fans are excited to see his progress in WWE once he’s back.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!