WWE’s creative struggles have been the topic of many conversations. This caused the company to look for more people to help write their shows.
The company posted a new opening for Lead Writer. The company is always looking for new writing assistants, but this job listing includes some extra responsibilities.
The new listing on LinkedIn is looking for a new Lead Writer who will be responsible for many things. It sounds like this new writer will also have people underneath them in the creative process.
* Manage a team of Writers/Producers to build compelling stories that capture a global audience fitting multiple demographics
* Lead writing team discussions in brainstorming and laying out weekly episodes and long-term storylines
* Responsible for the development of clearly defined yet emotionally sophisticated characters for a diverse group of WWE Superstars through thought provoking, captivating, and creative storylines
* Edit in-ring promos and backstage segments submitted by writing team members for continuity, character consistency, storyline progression and final punch-ups
* Compile, write, edit, and take ownership of the drafts for their respective shows weekly, including all promotions, graphics, replays and pop culture references
* Constructively mentor and critique individual writers to help develop growth and foster a positive team environment
* Incorporate consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the WWE and Talent Brands
* Deftly pitch ideas and stories to executives in weekly creative meetings
* Produce and direct Talent in a live television environment on a weekly basis
* Collaborate with internal WWE departments as liaisons for the Creative Writing Team
* Travel weekly to live taping of RAW or SmackDown as well as Pay-Per View events.
* 5+ years of TV/Film writing and production experience
* Experience supervising a writing team and leading a writer’s room
* Experience in all aspects of Live TV production a plus
* Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, storylines, and audience demographic/psychographic
BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or similar field of study or proven experience in lieu of degree
* Located in NYC/Stamford, CT area OR open/able to relocate
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Triple H is working on three new television shows for NXT. They have a second NXT television show, NXT India, and a Lucha Libre program in the works. The company will need minds to help come up with that content. This could be a great time to be a pro wrestling writer. Hopefully, WWE will hire some people on and let them make a difference.
Vince Russo recently dragged Vince McMahon in a big way for not knowing how to write television. There are many fans who would have to agree at this point.