WWE is scheduled for their second-quarter financial earnings call on Thursday, but Vince McMahon and other top WWE executives decided to get rid of some stock July 22nd when the stock was at around $70.
This is a very interesting situation, but it shouldn’t be a big surprise. Because WWE executives unloaded a ton of stock when the price was much higher last year. Interestingly enough, this occurred weeks before the price plunged.
WWE’s stock price could take a huge hit as soon as investors don’t buy McMahon’s latest excuse for poor performance. So according to SEC filings, McMahon unloaded 12,672 shares at $70.23 a piece for $889,954.56.
In another interesting note, WWE promised to buy up $500 million of their own stock as well. We have yet to see that come to fruition just yet.
Here’s the list of SEC filings and what WWE executives sold this week:
- Vince McMahon: 2627 shares sold for $70.23
- Triple H: 17563 shares sold for $70.23
- Stephanie McMahon: 17681 shares sold for $70.23
- George Barrios: 139175 shares sold for between $69.46 to $70.62
- Kevin Dunn: 68628 shares sold for $70.23
- Mark Kowal: 3845 shares sold for $70.23
- Michelle Wilson: 65318 shares sold for $70.23