Ludwig Kaiser’s Attorney Says WWE Star Has No Criminal History Anywhere In The World

Steve Carrier 2 min read
Follow
Us
To Stay Connected With Our Updates

Ludwig Kaiser’s legal team is now pushing back hard against concerns surrounding his Florida battery case, because newly obtained court documents claim the WWE star has no criminal history anywhere in the world.

According to a motion obtained by Ringside News, Kaiser’s attorney argued Marcel Barthel should be allowed to continue traveling while the case moves forward because he does not pose a danger to others and has no prior criminal record. The filing states:

“Mr. Barthel has no prior criminal history anywhere in the world and is not a danger to others.”

The motion was filed as part of Barthel’s request to allow out-of-state and international travel while the misdemeanor battery case remains active in Orange County, Florida. The filing also says Barthel intends to fully cooperate with the court process moving forward. The motion states:

“He has every intention of appearing at all required court appearances related to these allegations.”

Ringside News previously obtained court records revealing Barthel turned himself in on May 20 after an active arrest warrant had been issued in Orange County. He was later released after posting $1,000 bond.

The case stems from an alleged incident police say took place on April 23 at the Paramount on Lake Eola Apartments in Orlando. Investigators previously stated probable cause was established after reviewing surveillance footage, documenting injuries, interviewing witnesses, and conducting a photo lineup identification.

Barthel has since filed a written plea of not guilty while his legal team seeks access to evidence tied to the case.

Kaiser has continued appearing on WWE television under the masked El Grande Americano character while the legal situation continues unfolding outside the ring. WWE has not publicly addressed the case or commented on Kaiser’s status moving forward.

The latest filing gives a clearer look at the defense strategy as Barthel’s attorney argues the WWE star should continue being allowed to travel and work while the legal process continues. With the case still active, the defense appears focused on presenting Barthel as someone with no criminal background who intends to fully cooperate with the court system.

Do you think Ludwig Kaiser’s lack of criminal history should affect how WWE handles the situation moving forward? Let us know your thoughts and leave your feedback in the comments.

Steve Carrier

Steve Carrier

Steve Carrier is the founder of Ringside News and has been reporting on pro wrestling since 1997. His stories have been featured on TMZ, Forbes, Bleacher Report, and more.