Cody Rhodes is now viewed as the biggest babyface in WWE after he handed his WrestleMania 40 spot to The Rock last week. There were also rumors of him competing in a big match at WrestleMania 40, but those rumors have not been debunked.
On last week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown, The Rock confronted Roman Reigns, adding tension to the episode’s conclusion. Cody Rhodes brought in The Great One, as Rhodes simply gave up his WrestleMania 40 title shot, sparking outrage among fans.
Fans have been rallying for The Rock to give Cody Rhodes his WrestleMania 40 spot back as well. It was then rumored that Cody Rhodes would square off against The Rock and Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 40 instead.
While speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer talked about WWE’s plans for The Rock, Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 40, noting that no matter what, they will not be facing off against each other in a triple threat affair.
“Whatever they’re doing, whether it’s a three-way which I was told, it was not going to be but whether it’s them doing two matches, where Roman wrestles twice. I was told it will likely be completed by the end of the press conference if that is the plan.”
The Rock also pushed hard for the WrestleMania 40 bout with Roman Reigns because he wants to save WrestleMania 40 as the match would be true big money affair. Only time will tell what WWE has planned for them, as the WrestleMania 40 kickoff press event will reveal their plans.
What do you think about this story concerning Cody Rhodes? Do you feel WWE is making the right call for WrestleMania 40? Sound off in the comments section below!
Transcription by Ringside News