WWE Hall Of Famer Eric Bischoff is a true veteran in pro wrestling, whose opinion matters because of his wealth of knowledge. He was at the forefront when it came to WCW’s war against WWE during the Monday Night Wars, but that’s all in the past now. That being said, it appears that Bischoff is not interested in returning to WWE.
Last month on Monday Night RAW, Eric Bischoff made an appearance during the Second Night of the WWE Draft. While his appearance was a brief one, fans were happy to see him there.
Prior to this, Eric Bischoff made sporadic appearances on WWE television. Back in 2019, he was also the Executive Producer for Smackdown for a few months before being released from the role.
While speaking to Ariel Helwani, Eric Bischoff was asked whether he has any interest in returning to WWE. Easy E made it clear he has no such interest in working for Vince McMahon again.
“If I was twenty years younger, in a heartbeat. If I get a phone call from my buddy Bruce and he says “Hey, thinking about, kind of got an idea. Interested in coming back? But I need one of your fingers. As long its on my left hand and not my right, I’d probably go for it. I loved my time there. I loved working with so many people. I can’t say enough about the quality of people that work in WWE. It was a blessing to have the opportunity to work there. I’m 68 years old and I live in a beautiful part of Wyoming”
“At this point in time I don’t want to be away more than necessary. The idea of flying back and forth and doing TV. Nah, not anymore.”
Eric Bischoff’s WWE Draft appearance almost didn’t happen either. Regardless, it is evident that fans will not be seeing Easy E as part of the WWE family in a permanent role ever again.
What’s your view on what Eric Bischoff said? Do you think he could have done well in WWE? Let us know in the comments!