Vince McMahon returned to WWE after a brief retirement hiatus only to usher in a sale. After a period of talks with a few interested parties, it was decided that Endeavor will merge UFC and WWE into a new publicly traded company. Now we know what the name of that company will be.

It was already reported that the new company will be traded under the name TKO on the stock market. Now, we know what the name of the new company that consists of WWE and UFC will have the same name as the stock.

CNBC reports that WWE and UFC’s new company will be called the TKO Group Holdings. This new name is fitting considering the companies that now fall under that umbrella.

Ari Emanuel, the CEO of Endeavor, is set to assume the role of CEO for TKO Group. Meanwhile, Vince McMahon, the controlling shareholder of WWE, will take on the position of executive chairman within the newly formed company. As part of this merger, Endeavor will hold a majority stake of 51%, while WWE shareholders will retain the remaining 49%.


There will be 11 board members on the company’s directors, 5 from WWE and 6 from Endeavor. Vince McMahon and Ari Emanuel will be on that board of directors.

According to a recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the company is currently operating under the name “New Whale Inc,” although it is expected that the name will be changed once the merger is finalized. This filing provides a glimpse into the ongoing process leading up to the official establishment of the new entity.

It is anticipated that the merger will be completed and officially recognized by the end of 2023. This significant undertaking will undoubtedly shape the future of the sports entertainment industry, bringing together the expertise and resources of Endeavor and WWE under a unified organization.

We will have to see how long it takes for an official announcement to be made. In the meantime, keep an eye on Ringside News for more.

Tags: WWE Featured
Felix Upton

Felix Upton is a seasoned writer with over 30 years of experience. He began his career writing advertisements for local newspapers in New York before transitioning to publishing news for Ringside News. His expertise includes writing, editing, research, photo editing, and video editing. In his free time, he enjoys bungee jumping and learning extinct languages.

Disqus Comments Loading...