Sasha Banks became the talk of the wrestling world after she walked out before a scheduled match on WWE Raw. The company suspended Sasha and Naomi indefinitely shortly thereafter. New reports that Banks has been released by WWE have once again forced the story to the forefront.

Ringside News exclusively reported on June 1 that Sasha Banks and Naomi’s contract situation was being handled by attorneys. Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men podcast confirmed that during today’s broadcast. It was noted that Sasha’s legal team has been working for over a week to try and secure her release.

“I cannot confirm she’s been released, but I did hear late last week that her attorneys were working on getting this done.”

Thus far, nobody from WWE has confirmed or denied Sasha Banks’ release. Several other outlets have checked various sources, but thus far, nothing is for sure. We do know that Sasha has her attorneys hard at work on her behalf.

In late May, a former WWE writer said that Sasha Banks and Naomi were up for contract renewals at the time of their walkout. It was said that both women’s deals would run out within two months. There was speculation that WWE might try to freeze those contracts since Sasha and Naomi were not showing up for work.

With Sasha Banks’ lawyers now involved, it could be a matter of time before we know more about her future with WWE. Sasha would instantly become a coveted free agent should she choose to stick with professional wrestling. Stick with Ringside News for all the latest on this breaking story.

What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comments!

Tags: Sasha Banks
Michael Perry

Michael Perry is a news contributor for Ringside News and Thirsty for News. Michael has an M.A. in Communication Technology from Point Park University in his hometown of Pittsburgh, PA.

Disqus Comments Loading...