NXT 2.0 made its debut in September last year and it promised an entirely new outlook on the product. While it did bring about quite a few changes, not all of them were met with a positive reception.

With a fresh look and coat of paint, came a new sense of direction which has seen a new set of WWE Superstars, especially the likes of Bron Breakker. However, not quite a few talents have yet to truly connect with the fans.

However, the show simply has not been performing well when it came to garnering ratings. Even this week’s episode of NXT 2.0 saw a huge fall in ratings as well.

WrestleVotes took to Twitter and reported that WWE is disappointed with how NXT 2.0 has performed so far in its first four months as the company expected more fans to watch the product and not the opposite.

Internally WWE is said to be disappointed w/ NXT 2.0 in its first 4 months. Source said they thought more fans would gravitate towards the newer stars quicker than they have. Could it just be too much, too fast? Either way I don’t expect any changes to the concept… just yet.

Even Scarlett Bordeaux recently stated that NXT 2.0 is sterile. Sean Waltman previously criticized NXT 2.0 for having 60-year-olds being in charge of the product. We will have to wait and see if the product will improve or not in the future.

Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet has been a massive fan of professional wrestling for over 22 years, since the early days of the Monday Night Wars. Aside from wrestling, he also is into TV shows, movies, Anime, novels and a lot of music.

Disqus Comments Loading...