The COVID-19 pandemic took over the entire world last year and affected several industries all over the world. This included the pro wrestling business, which was severely affected by the pandemic. Several pro wrestlers tested positive for the virus and it resulted in numerous shows being postponed as well.
WWE had their fair share of positive COVID-19 tests last year but with the availability of vaccines, the situation is under control for the most part. That is, until recently.
As reported earlier, several WWE Superstars recently tested positive for COVID-19. According to report by PW Insider, in addition to the recent positive tests, even more talents and staff members tested positive throughout Wednesday. A number of talents were contacted so they can get tested out of caution.
The company still has plans to go forward with the post-Christmas tour. It was said there has been a lot of phone calls being made and “a lot of running around” as the company tries to stay ahead of the situation.
It was also said that WWE is tackling the same issues that Broadway and other sports leagues have dealt with over recent weeks due to the Omicron variant. The company hopes those who tested positive for the virus will be ready in time for the WWE Day 1 pay-per-view event on January 1st.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!