WWE had a TV deal conference call this morning hosted by George Barrios, Michelle Wilson and Michael Weiss to discuss the new television deals with USA Network and FOX. Here are some highlights:
– WWE expects their UK television deal to be done this year.
– They expect a India television deal to be done first quarter of 2019.
– Digital rights are not open for RAW or SmackDown anymore.
– There are possibilities of other digital programming — similar to Mixed Match Challenge on Facebook that could happen.
– WWE doesn’t believe a change in ownership for Sky in the UK could impact their new TV deal.
– They reveal they have 60 different TV agreements in different markets beyond the top seven TV deals.
– They said the UK deal now is similar to the US in that its transforming.
– Barrios puts over NBC Universal for helping strengthen the brand.
– Michelle Wilson says they are always looking to create more content like Total Divas or content that will create revenue.
– Barrios said that they have the ability to create local content with local talent as well and they are looking at that as a way to help the content over the next five years. They are looking at scripted content as well.
– Regarding cross promotion between FOX and The USA Network, they declined to go into specifics but said there are requirements regarding cross-promotion. They said they have a great sense that FOX will over-deliver on those promises for SmackDown and both properties in cross-promoting.
This concluded the conference call.