Oba Femi vs. Bron Breakker Set for WWE Sunday Night’s Main Event

Derek Holloway 2 min read
Follow
Us
To Stay Connected With Our Updates

WWE just made Sunday Night’s Main Event a whole lot more violent.

During the August 17 episode of Monday Night RAW, Bron Breakker called out Oba Femi and wanted to settle things right there in Buffalo. Oba came out ready to throw down, but Paul Heyman stepped between them and made it clear WWE had something much bigger in mind.

Bron demanded to know who Heyman thought was the future of WWE, but Oba didn’t need an answer. He walked to the ring and told Breakker that everybody already knew who the future was—including Brock Lesnar.

“He knows, Bron knows it, the fans know it and so did Brock Lesnar. If Bron has a problem, he can take it up with Oba anytime.”

Bron’s response was basically: screw waiting, “Right now.” That’s when Heyman shut the whole thing down. He told Breakker that when WWE has two main-event level stars standing across from each other, you don’t just ring the bell without warning—you sell the damn match.

“When two main eventers are standing in the ring, you don’t do an impromptu match. You promote the match to be the biggest it can be.”

Heyman then dropped the news. He had already spoken with Adam Pearce, and Oba Femi vs. Bron Breakker is officially going down at Sunday Night’s Main Event in Atlanta. Even better for Breakker, the match happens in his hometown, with WWE framing it as a fight to determine who really is the future of the company.

The tension didn’t stop after the announcement. Heyman shook Oba’s hand, which clearly didn’t sit well with Bron. Heyman simply told him, “That’s good business,” before walking away and leaving Breakker staring back at his new opponent.

WWE could have given fans the fight on RAW, but instead they’re saving Oba Femi and Bron Breakker for Sunday Night’s Main Event—and putting the whole “future of WWE” argument right in the middle of it.

Who do you think wins when Oba Femi and Bron Breakker collide at Sunday Night’s Main Event? Let us know what you think and leave your feedback in the comments.

Share Send This Story To Your Friends
Derek Holloway

Derek Holloway

Derek Holloway is a writer at Ringside News specializing in professional wrestling news, rumors, and results. He focuses on delivering reliable coverage across WWE, AEW, and major wrestling promotions.