RAW Superstars Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado of the Lucha House Party made a surprise appearance on this week’s episode of NXT.
The two interrupted a promo of Legado del Fantasma. Due to this, the Lucha House Party faced off against Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde in a tag team match. Metalik won the match for his team following a huge elbow drop on Mendoza.
After the conclusion of the match, Metalik taunted Santos Escobar, signalling at this waist. Metalik made his intentions clear as he wants Escobar’s NXT Cruiserweight title.
It was then confirmed that Metalik will be challenging Escobar for the NXT Cruiserweight title at next week’s New Year’s Evil special on January 6, 2021.
Here is the current card for the event:
- NXT Championship: Kyle O’Reilly vs. Finn Balor (c)
- NXT Cruiserweight Championship: Gran Metalik vs. Santos Escobar (c)
- Last Woman Standing Match: Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Gonzalez
- Fight Pit: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Singles Match: Karrion Kross with Scarlett vs. Damian Priest
Ringside News will be providing live play-by-play coverage of the special episode.