This is certainly an interesting time to exist. Now The Thunderdome is a reality in WWE.
WWE is moving their production to the Amway Center and that will come with a few changes. Those changes were detailed in a recent release from the company. WWE is bringing the thunder to RAW with the WWE Thunderdome.
This Thunderdome is “a state-of-the-art set, video boards, pyrotechnics, lasers, cutting-edge graphics and drone cameras, will take WWE fans’ viewing experience to an unprecedented level.” All of this is set to begin when SmackDown debuts in the Amway Center this week.
This new fan experience will “take residency” at the Amway Center, WWE’s new television home. Fans will experience a brand new kind of experience “in conjunction with The Famous Group and its proprietary technology.”
It was said that STARTING TONIGHT fans can sign up on WWE’s social media pages or visit the WWE Thunder Dome’s official website.
WWE Event Schedule for August:
• Friday, August 21 – Friday Night SmackDown®, Amway Center, 8 pm ET on FOX
• Saturday, August 22 – NXT TakeOver® XXX, Full Sail Live, 7 pm ET on WWE Network
• Sunday, August 23 – SummerSlam, Amway Center, 7 pm ET on WWE Network
• Monday, August 24 – Monday Night Raw®, Amway Center, 8 pm ET on USA Network
• Wednesday, August 26 – NXT®, Full Sail Live, 8 pm ET on USA Network
• Friday, August 28 – Friday Night SmackDown, Amway Center, 8 pm ET on FOX
• Sunday, August 30 – Payback®, Amway Center, 7 pm ET on WWE Network
• Monday, August 31 – Monday Night Raw, Amway Center, 8 pm ET on USA Network
WWE also confirmed that the Amway Center will be their home for the “foreseeable future.” They will also produce Raw and SmackDown on “closed sets with only essential personnel in attendance.”
The company will continue their procedure to check for COVID-19 prior to every taping. Now they will have to conduct those tests on a weekly basis.