The novel coronavirus is causing a big problem for pro wrestling companies who want to run in Florida. Mexico is also having a ton of problems and sadly, they’ve seen at least 30 deaths.
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that El Fantasma revealed that there have been at least 30 wrestler deaths due to coronavirus in Mexico since May 1st. Fantasma is father of NXT Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar, he is also the head of the Mexico City Box y Lucha commission.
The Cubs Fan compiled a list of known wrestler coronavirus deaths in Mexico. This list is far too long and odds are it will sadly grow.
- The Herodes died on 6/14
- Luis Aduna (Kilowanito) died on 6/18 at the age of 79.
- Estrella Blanca III died on 6/16.
- El Molusco died, no date was given
- Jesus Esparza (Pepe Luis Esparza) died on 6/15
- Antonio Alvarez (Promoter of Revolucion Lucha Libre) died on 6/15
- Gaspar Herrera died at 53 years old, no date given
- Francisco Lizarraga (Evil Ninja Turtle) died at 31 years old, no date given
- Fidel Hernandez ( referee Julio Rosales) no death date given
- Jose Luis Ovando (Soldado de Plata) no date given
- El Lider, no death date given
- Edgar Ortiz, no death date given
It was also noted that Rudy Garduno and Coco Rojo II were both hospitalized for COVID-19, but they are both out. Now Garduno’s wife is hospitalized because of the virus.
This is a difficult time for a lot of people. The world is adopting to a new normal, but the heartbreak is obviously not over yet. Our thoughts are with everyone dealing with the traumatic events caused by the novel coronavirus.