NXT is holding their second night of television tapings tonight. If you would like to see what happened yesterday you can click here.
Everything kicks off at 6:30 so check back then and we’ll get things started. Keep refreshing and we’ll update live as the action takes place. This should be an eventful evening as the card should be formed for NXT TakeOver: Toronto tonight.
- Io Shirai came out and she had a new heel entrance. You can watch that here. She grabbed the mic and said: “I don’t need any friends. I don’t need any of you.” Mic drop and then she left.
- Matt Riddle beat Arturo Ruas
- Killian Dain returned to NXT and destroyed Riddle by hitting a senton on him that went through the stage. You can watch that happen here.
- Kushida beat Apollo Crews
- Adam Cole showed up and Johnny Gargano jumped him. Then Gargano proceeded to beat the crap out of Cole all over the arena. He capped it off with a dive off the stage.
- Street Profits beat Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan
- Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole have another brawl. It’s unclear if this is a re-shoot or another angle entirely. Gargano chased Cole around the ring and locked in the Gargano Escape.
- Jordan Myles (fka ACH) beat Angel Garza (fka Garza Jr) – Breakout Tournament Continued
- Bianca Belair beat Xia Li
- Roderick Strong confronts Velveteen Dream in the ring. He wants the NXT North American Title. Then Pete Dunne comes out and he wants in on this match as well. This looks like a TakeOver match, but nothing official was announced.
- Kacy Catanzaro vs Io Shirai ended via DQ as Candice LeRae ran down to attack Io. Candice laid in some chair shots and hit a big dive through the ropes on Io.
- Damien Priest beat Keith Lee
- Tyler Breeze beat Jaxson Ryker. The Forgotten Sons run in and beat Tyler down and then Fandango makes the save.
- Cameron Grimes beat Bronson Reed – Malcolm Bivens (Stokely Hathaway) sat at ringside to scout this match – Breakout Tournament semi-final
- Shayna Baszler came out next and said she has heard Mia Yim loud and clear. Then they booked an NXT Women’s Title match for NXT TakeOver: Toronto.
- Matt Riddle was coming out for his match, but Killian Dain was under the ring. Dain jumped out and destroyed Riddle on the ramp and on the outside of the ring by doing a cannon ball onto Riddle while he was leaned against the steel ring steps.
- Kushida beat Scott Parker — It was noted that this could have been a re-take since they wrestled yesterday during the television tapings as well.
- William Regal came out for a contract signing between The Street Profits vs Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish for the NXT Tag Titles at TakeOver: Toronto. They signed the contracts, did some trash talking, and left without getting physical.
- Shane Thorne beat Joaquin Wilde. Not the greatest start for DJZ in NXT.
- Pete Dunne beat Roderick Strong – Velveteen Dream runs down and tries to attack Pete Dunne from behind, but Dream gets caught. Roderick Strong says that it doesn’t matter he lost against The Bruiserweight because the NXT North American Title is still his title. Then Pete Dunne destroys Dream in retaliation.