Mick Foley performed at Laugh In Comedy Cafe in Fort Myers Florida on Sunday night. I was in attendance for the event to it’s entirely. Below are some highlights from the event.
– Prior to Mick coming on stage, the host mentioned that tonight’s show would be airing in September. I didn’t exactly catch the exact date but I believe she may have said September 24th, which would indicate it would air after RAW.
– Moments after Mick started the show off, some fan blurted something out and Foley gave a speech about how it’s not a good idea to do that.
– Mick Foley jokes about The Miz not being on Legends House after explaining this isn’t a comedy show but HIAC anniversary
– Foley announced that half the money from tonight’s event will go to a Santa Claus charity in Florida. I believe he said they raised around $2500.
– Foley told the story about how he lost his ear in a match against Terry Funk before he started out in WWE.
– Mick talked about his “bed of nails match”
– Mick detailed his interview with Jim Ross and the importance it had on his career.
– Foley told the story about when Jim Ross was pitching the idea to bring him in, Vince McMahon wanted him to cover up his face.
– Foley revealed that his infamous interview with Jim Ross was improvised (Micks part) and he didn’t want to rehearse it because he wanted it to be real.
– Foley talked about portraying Dude Love and Catus Jack. He joked about not being able to win The Rumble after being three different characters in one match.
– Foley started to talk about his classic Hell in a Cell match against The Undertaker.
– Foley said he was searching earlier this year by reading his own autobiography so he can better account his thought process for years back. Foley was asked about reading his own autobiography by a fan on the plane.
– Foley cracked a joke about Roman Reigns’ drug suspension before revealing this Reigns makes his wife