WWE’s next wave of hopeful Superstars is officially stepping into the spotlight — and not everyone is walking away with a contract.

According to Fightful Select, WWE’s latest round of tryouts is underway in Orlando, Florida, with talent arriving this week to begin the process. The company is once again mixing experienced independent wrestlers with athletes who have never stepped into a ring before. The report notes that the first step for talent is medical testing before they even get a chance to show what they can do inside the ring.

“The WWE tryouts kick off Tuesday, as talent are in Orlando to get their medicals done. Assuming all goes well, they continue their tryouts during the week.”

Over the past few months, WWE has leaned heavily into recruiting established names from the independent wrestling scene. However, that hasn’t stopped the company from continuing its tradition of bringing in fresh athletes with no prior wrestling background.

“Over the last couple of months, there had been a heavy independent wrestling presence at tryouts. However, we're told there are still some attendees who were recruited without wrestling experience.”

As for who actually lands a deal, the process can take time. Even now, names from last month’s tryouts during SummerSlam week are still being sorted out.

“As for people who got signed off of last month's tryouts, we're still just learning some names that were getting signed off of the Summerslam week tryouts, so it could be a while before we hear for sure.”

Not everyone gets good news, though. The report also confirmed that some hopefuls from January’s tryouts have already been told they won’t be moving forward with WWE.

“We do know that there were some talent from January's tryouts who were told they would not be signed.”

With WWE continuing to evolve its recruitment strategy — blending indie standouts with raw athletic prospects — the company’s developmental pipeline remains as competitive as ever. The next breakout star could be someone with years of ring experience, or someone who has never taken a bump before.

Who do you think WWE should be focusing on — seasoned independent talent or fresh athletes with no wrestling background? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Steve Carrier is the founder of Ringside News and has been reporting on pro wrestling since 1997. His stories have been featured on TMZ, Forbes, Bleacher Report, and more.

Disqus Comments Loading...
TESTING AD