Seth Rollins is opening up about the shocking fan attack that happened during WWE Raw — and why he chose not to press charges against the man who tackled him on live television.

Back in November 2021 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, a fan later identified as Elisah Spencer jumped the barricade and tackled Rollins during his in-ring segment celebrating being the sole survivor at Survivor Series. Rollins quickly secured the man in a front facelock until security rushed in and dragged the attacker away.

Now, years later, Rollins is explaining what happened behind the scenes. While speaking on Club Shay Shay on February 18, 2026, Seth Rollins explained that the situation wasn’t as simple as punishing someone who crossed the line.

“I didn’t press charges because, from my understanding, that guy had been catfished by someone pretending to be me, and he wasn’t all there. There was something off about him. It felt wrong for me to try and get him incarcerated. He wasn’t someone who had the means to pay a big fine or go through a long legal process.”

Rollins said he was contacted by the judicial system but made it clear he wanted a different approach. Instead of pushing for jail time or fines, Rollins believed intervention and support were the better solution.

“I told the judicial system that contacted me, ‘Can we please look into getting this guy some help?’ I’m lucky he didn’t bring anything that could have made the situation violent—that’s always very scary. Thankfully, we got to the other side of it and asked what the best course of action was. It probably was to try to help him, if that was possible. I wasn’t able to follow up afterward, but what I do know is that I chose not to press charges for that reason. It didn’t seem like that would solve the problem.”

The incident remains one of the more jarring live-TV moments in recent WWE history. But years later, Rollins finally revealed the reasoning behind his response—and it wasn’t about retaliation.

Do you agree with Seth Rollins’ decision not to press charges, or do you think WWE Superstars should take a firmer stance in situations like this? Drop your thoughts below and let us know.

Please credit Ringside News if you use the above transcript in your publication.

Felix Upton has over 15 years of experience in media and wrestling journalism. His work at Ringside News blends speed, accuracy, and industry insight.

Disqus Comments Loading...
TESTING AD