Kayla Braxton isn’t backing down — even after facing intense backlash for calling on WWE to remove Donald Trump from the Hall of Fame.
After publicly calling for WWE to remove Donald Trump from the WWE Hall of Fame, Braxton took to her Instagram story on February 20, 2026, revealing that the reaction to her comments was intense — and in some cases, crossed the line. She explained that she discovered the backlash after logging onto Twitter.
“I got on Twitter — which is basically the cesspool of the internet — and realized an article had been written about me wanting Donald Trump removed from the WWE Hall of Fame. Oh my God, people are so mad at me.”
Braxton admitted she’s dealt with online negativity before, but said this time felt different. She then shared that one hater crossed a serious line, attacking her for being a product of assault.
“Listen, people have been mean to me online for years, but I think they saved it all up for this moment. I have never been called so many mean names in such a short period of time. One person even said that because I’m a product of sexual assault, my head is all messed up and that’s why I made that statement.”
Instead of retreating, Braxton addressed the comment directly, tying it back to why she felt strongly about speaking out.
“Okay — but don’t you think I have a stake in the game? If I’m a product of sexual assault, then maybe I don’t want someone who committed sexual assault in any position of authority. But luckily, these profiles say ‘Followers of Jesus,’ so we know they’re correct.”
Braxton laughed off the situation publicly, making it clear that the backlash hasn’t changed her position. If anything, her response made it very clear that she feels even more justified in speaking out and that’s not going to change anytime soon.
Do you think Kayla Braxton was right to double down after the backlash, or should she have stayed out of it? Let us know your thoughts.
Please credit Ringside News if you use the above transcript in your publication.