WWE and UFC made waves as they merged into one TKO Group Holdings under Endeavor’s umbrella. Now, Endeavor is looking to fill some positions that are open on the WWE side of things.
Endeavor just had their 3rd quarter 2023 earnings call. That report marked the first-ever for the newly merged company, and things are certainly different on the corporate side of things now. It is still business as usual in WWE, because they have content to produce and things to market.
WWE is also listing for social media manager. The description for that position shows that they are looking for someone to help drive social media engagement. This is not a remote job, and a bachelor’s degree is required.
“The Social Media Manager drives social media strategy, assists with departmental operations, and manages partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to maximize content distribution and engagement, and to ensure consistency across all platforms. This role develops and executes content strategy based on analysis of performance metrics, and consistently looks for new and creative opportunities to promote live events, athletes, Superstars, and the TKO brand.”
They also listed an open position for a digital editor. This position will help cut together the company’s extensive footage, and we can only imagine this is a demanding job.
“The Social/Digital Video Editor delivers action packed, can’t miss content to drive interest in and loyalty to TKO properties. In partnership with the social media manager, this role develops and executes content strategy based on analysis of performance metrics, and consistently looks for new and creative opportunities to promote live events, athletes, Superstars and the TKO brand.”
Lastly, they are also looking to hire a new Senior Director of Corporate Strategy. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, and at least six years of experience. The job’s responsibilities are also quite extensive.
Strategic Planning & Execution
- Alongside the EVP Strategy, lead the design and iteration of corporate strategy; drive the strategic planning process, act as a trusted advisor to leadership and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution.
- Identify critical company growth and transformation initiatives and define structure to ensure they are effectively managed to deliver intended results
- Provide guidance to BU leaders, aid in aligning their strategies with the overarching company direction. Develop process to refine BU strategies to harmonize with EDR & TKO’s long-term objectives.
- Collaborate closely with business unit –level strategy and business development teams to ensure ongoing alignment of strategies and execution activities and to surface organizational synergies and constraints.
- Help formulate and refine strategic and business plans (covering topics such as market entry/ expansion, product and business model innovation, and other growth strategies) and action plans/metrics in conjunction with senior leaders at corporate and business unit levels.
- Liaise and partner with the Corporate Development Architecture teams to align transactions and initiatives with overall objectives and strategy
- Support regular strategy review meetings with leadership teams to evaluate the status of initiatives, address challenges and make necessary adjustments
- Create cohesive, compelling, and fact-based presentations that simplify complex business issues
- Develop communication approach to instill enterprise awareness on overarching strategy
Strategic Insights & Evaluation
- Support the process of conducting thorough market research and analysis to anticipate industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive challenges, leveraging insights to shape the company’s strategic roadmap.
- Lead development of strategic hypotheses and validate them through targeted primary and secondary research and analysis
- Develop a deep understanding of key current and future drivers of business performance to inform specific analyses and recommendations regarding specific opportunities and initiatives
- Evaluate growth opportunities by developing business cases that clearly frame objectives, issues and challenges, and articulate compelling, insightful findings, conclusions, and recommendations
- Develop financial models, scenario comparisons and related analyses to support business cases and executive decision making
- Identify potential risks and uncertainties impacting strategic objectives, devising contingency plans and risk mitigation strategies for organizational resilience.
It was also recently reported that WWE is hiring for new writer on the NXT brand. These new positions are not creative-related, as they have office responsibilities instead.
We will keep an eye on this story, and many more. Endeavor has a lot of things going on, and they are also hiring. Endeavor is a company that just went through massive corporate cuts, and more are expected.
WWE is always evolving, and that may bring some fresh faces to the company. Odds are, fans will never hear who gets those jobs, because they operate well outside the spotlight. Either way, it’s good to see that the company is filling some of the holes they have.
What’s your take on this situation with WWE hiring more people? Let us know what you think about this in the comments section!