Triple H made headlines after making a very simple statement recently. The Game returned to the WWE Performance Center, where he spoke to the staff and wrestlers. He told them that he was back, although many were not sure exactly what he meant by that.
In May, it was reported that Triple H was back with WWE on full-time basis. He was thought to be working in the company’s Stamford, Connecticut office. It was widely believed that he was going to Orlando to work with NXT after saying he had returned.
In this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that those rumors are untrue. Triple H has nothing to do with NXT directly. The show is still being run by Shawn Michaels and a small creative team while Paul Levesque works in the office.
“It appears that when Paul Levesque was talking to the folks at NXT and said he was back, and nobody knew what that meant, it appeared just to mean he’s back working in the office. He has not been doing anything direct with NXT, which is still being run by Shawn Michaels with a small creative staff for television. Levesque has not been at the Tuesday night tapings.”
There was hope among some fans that big changes were coming to NXT. That is not the case, at least at this point. Things could always change, but for now, Levesque is sticking to his desk job.
Triple H was forced to retire from in-ring competition earlier this year due to a heart condition. He is still contributing where he can. For now, that means in the office, and not helping out with NXT.
What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comments!