Sting shocked the world when he made his debut in AEW back in December 2020. Since then, he has been featured heavily on AEW television, being paired up with Darby Allin. Sting also came back to wrestling thanks to Tony Khan.

Despite being over 60, Sting certainly has been competing at an unexpectedly high level, and that has certainly impressed fans and pro wrestlers alike.

Sting debuted in WWE back at Survivor Series 2014 and had a handful of matches. He had to retire due to an injury he suffered during a match with Seth Rollins.

While speaking to The Schmo, Sting asked about what brought him back to pro wrestling. Sting said that it was his love for pro wrestling as well as a phone call from AEW President Tony Khan.

“Love of [the] game and a phone call. You have to have love of [the] game, of course, but Tony Khan called me and asked me if I wanted to come back and play for a little while longer, and I said, ‘Alright, let me try this out,’ and here I am.”

Sting competed at the AEW Forbidden Door event, where he kicked off the trios match by jumping off the entrance ramp onto the Bullet Club members. He ended up winning the match as well. It remains to be seen what’s next in store for Sting.

What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!

Tags: Tony Khan
Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet has been a massive fan of professional wrestling for over 22 years, since the early days of the Monday Night Wars. Aside from wrestling, he also is into TV shows, movies, Anime, novels and a lot of music.

Disqus Comments Loading...