Josh Alexander worked his way up the a roster that’s stacked with extremely talented wrestlers. The Walking Weapon is one of the best to ever lace up the boots and possesses a deadly combination of power and athleticism.
The 34-year-old was involved in segment that saw him shove Impact Executive Vice President Scott D’Amore to the ground. A visibly distraught Alexander tried to plead with his boss but was instead told to “go home” last week.
Alexander took to Twitter Monday to announce that his contract with Impact Wrestling, as well as his work visa in the U.S., is up and that he’d not be able to honor his commitments for the month.
Today my contract expired & subsequently also US work visa. Unfortunately as a consequence I will not be able to honour my commitments to both @TERMINUSpro & @AMLWrestling later this month. I’m disappointed & I’m sorry. Hopefully I’ll have everything in order soon.
The former Impact World and X Division Champion said he was disappointed with his current status, but hoped to sort things out in days to come. A photo of Alexander with hand covering his face accompanied the tweet.
It sucks to see a talent the caliber of Josh Alexander not bein able to honor his commitments. Here’s hoping that the Walking Weapon gets his visa renewed and return to wrestling full time.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!