Linda McMahon was a part of Donald Trumps’ administration as head of the small business administration. This appointment required that Linda McMahon and WWE be investigated and vetted which required a very lengthy process.
McMahon’s vetting document has recently surfaced online and there are quite a few notable points to consider. WWE has their fair share of skeletons in the closet and a lot of them were pointed out in great detail.
Through the course of their investigation, some major red flags were raised and pointed out. We have collected a few of those which you can see below.
Some of these red flags include:
- Taking nearly $3 million in taxpayer subsidies for WWE as CEO despite criticizing government bailouts.
- In 2013, The Hartford Courant discovered that Linda McMahon paid property taxes late.
- Linda McMahon discredited studies that have found concussions result in brain trauma.
- Over the years there have been several allegations and lawsuits relating to sexual harassment in WWE.
- In 1991, WWE affiliated doctor George T Zahorian was found guilty of 12 of 14 counts of distributing drugs to wrestlers.
- In 2007, Chris Benoit took his own life after killing his wife Nancy and seven-year-old son.
- In 1993 Vince McMahon was indicted on conspiracy to distribute steroids and illegal possession of steroids with intent to distribute.
- WWE Wrestlers are classified as independent contractors and have claimed to have been denied benefits.
There are also plenty more alarming facts that were brought up about Linda McMahon in this recently surfaced document. From using tax payer subsidies to putting on controversial television content it is all here in this lightly redacted document.
- McMahon took nearly $3 million in taxpayer subsidies as CEO of the WWE. The success of the WWE has made the McMahon family considerably wealthy.
- McMahon’s WWE has faced numerous complaints of sexual abuse. Lawsuits against the WWE from sexual assault accusers range from the early 1990s through the 2000s.
- McMahon’s WWE has been criticized at various times over the years for what is deemed as crude or inappropriate displays of entertainment. Acts have ranged from portraying African Americans as ‘pimps,’ Arab-Americans as ‘terrorists,’ and portraying wrestlers as ‘mentally handicap.’
McMahon’s continued support of Donald Trump was also highlighted in these documents to show that she would be a loyal fit for the administration. They also dove much deeper into all of the allegations against WWE and the McMahon family in this vetting document.
One particular portion details the history of sexual abuse allegations against WWE which name drops a couple of well-known Superstars that might trigger some fans’ memory of these situations.
Thanks to Brandon Thurston for making this available