WWE has some interesting job titles for people throughout their company, but this one is arguably the most intriguing of them all.
It’s been a mixed weekend for the company in regards to WrestleMania, which was great, as fans were left feeling pretty unsatisfied with RAW and SmackDown Live. With that in mind, as reported by PWInsider, this story becomes all the more fascinating.
The official title for this role is ‘Continuity/Script Supervisor’, which seems to indicate that they want someone to ensure there aren’t all that many plot holes being discovered in the scripts on a week to week basis.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain and Oversee the weekly Continuity documents for RAW and SmackDown Live
- In charge of proofreading all drafts of RAW, SmackDown Live and PPV Scripts each week
- Will assure all major stories, graphics and transitions are being brought forward for all shows and nothing is being overlooked
- Create, set and communicate weekly checklists for all shows to keep Lead Writers on track and making sure they are bringing all stories forward
- Responsible for watching all shows and up to date on all creative and all WWE related events (Digital, Social, Publix Relations, Community Relations, etc.)
- Serve as a liaison between RAW and SmackDown Live to ensure continuity between the creative of both shows
- Works closely with Head of Department, VPs and Lead Writers throughout the creative process to ensure the entire Creative Writing Team is on the same page
The above responsibilities serve as the official advertisement for the position.
As we look ahead to the future of WWE, it’ll be interesting to see whether or not there are any substantial changes in the style of booking enforced by the company.