Hit Row was called up to the WWE main roster last year on Friday Night Smackdown. They had a solid run in NXT, even if it was a short one. However, they never got the chance to do much on the main roster.
In the end, all members of Hit Row were released last year as well and this was seen with a lot of disdain. Many fans believed Hit Row had a bright future before their release.
While speaking on Casual Conversations with The Wrestling Classic, Tehuti Miles, formerly known as “Ashante Thee Adonis,” talked about Hit Row’s time in WWE. He revealed that both Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman told them a few times that they were going to make a lot of money with them in the company.
“There wasn’t like a plan with like a feud or anything. But they were saying that they wanted to get to events that he wanted to get us over. Also, Vince [McMahon] and Paul Heyman, at two different times, told us, ‘We’re gonna have a lot of fun with you guys. We’re gonna make a lot of money with you guys.’ I was like, ‘Perfect. Sounds great.’ Obviously, that didn’t end up happening, but, but we actually made them a lot of money on NXT.”
Swerve Strickland previously said that Hit Row generated $2 million in NXT. Hit Row, now known as the HitMakerZ, also reunited at the MCW Pro Wrestling Spring Fever show on March 19 in Parkville, Maryland. We’ll have to see what is next in store for the HitMakerZ.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!