WWE is all set to bring back War Games for the upcoming NXT Takeover special event, NXT Takeover: War Games, as previously reported.
Cody Rhodes took to Twitter after hearing the news to comment on WWE’s decision and explained how he felt about WWE using the match concept that was his father’s creation. Cody says that he’s “not mad” and that the show will be handled with “care and effort.”
I'm not mad. I was told. H worked for my Dad and then my Dad worked for him. They were friends. Care and effort will be placed into it.
— Cody (@CodyRhodes) October 5, 2017
NXT Takeover: War Games will take place on November 18, 2017, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. As always, we will be providing live play-by-play coverage of the event.