A significant update has emerged regarding the highly anticipated WWE-UFC merger, shedding light on the timeline for its completion and the new corporate identity that will emerge as a result.

During their second quarter earnings presentation, Endeavor confirmed that they are aiming to finalize the WWE-UFC merger in the window of mid-to-late September. Once the merger is successfully executed, the combined entity will operate under the name TKO Group.

The announcement of the WWE-UFC merger through Endeavor’s acquisition was initially made on April 3, right after WrestleMania 39. The roots of this merger trace back to 2016 when UFC’s parent company, Zuffa, was purchased by a consortium led by Endeavor. In 2021, Endeavor further solidified its ownership of UFC by acquiring the remaining shares held by Zuffa stakeholders.

The previous estimates had suggested that the merger would be completed within the second half of 2023, and this new update seems to align with that projected timeline.


The organizational structure of the merged entity has also been detailed. Endeavor’s CEO, Ari Emanuel, will assume the role of CEO for TKO Group, while Vince McMahon, the controlling shareholder of WWE, will serve as the executive chairman of the new company. As part of the arrangement, Endeavor will hold a majority stake of 51%, while the remaining 49% will be allocated to WWE shareholders.

As this momentous merger draws closer to its realization, Ringside News remains committed to providing comprehensive coverage and updates on this development, ensuring fans are well-informed about the evolving landscape of the sports entertainment industry.

What are your thoughts on the WWE-UFC merger and the emergence of the new corporate identity, TKO Group? Leave us a comment.

Steve Carrier

Steve is the Founder of RingsideNews. He has been writing about professional wrestling since 1996. He first got into website development at the time and has been focusing on bringing his readers the best professional wrestling news at it's highest quality.

Disqus Comments Loading...