John Cena was the face of WWE from 2006 to 2016 and truly became a name that transcended all barriers as far as pro wrestling is concerned. Cena is one of the most recognizable faces on the planet right now, so it comes as no surprise that he will be taking on the role of a producer in an upcoming WWE project.
The Leader of Cenation eventually branched out to pursue a career in Hollywood back in 2017 and has seen a monumental level of success till now. Cena’s roles in ‘The Suicide Squad’ and ‘Peacemaker’ truly set him apart from the rest.
Roku announced a new eight-part docuseries called WWE Recruits. The upcoming series will be executively produced by John Cena, which is certainly an interesting direction.
The series will follow potential WWE athletes as they try out for a spot on the roster. It was noted that John Cena will also appear on the show and that it was partly filmed last week in Los Angeles during NIL tryouts. Roku also sent out a press release on the matter.
Roku Greenlights Docuseries “WWE: Recruits” (wt) Executive Produced by John Cena and A. Smith & Co. Productions
The new Roku Original follows hopeful young wrestlers on their journey to become WWE Superstars
· “WWE: Recruits” (wt) follows a group of young men and women competing to earn one of the most sought-after titles in all of entertainment: WWE Superstar.
· The eight-part docuseries invites viewers to experience the grueling training, personal triumphs, and life-changing moments of talented young men and women making their professional wrestling dreams a reality. Thousands of pro wrestling hopefuls will be narrowed down to an elite group of candidates going for the opportunity of a lifetime.
· The docuseries will be produced by WWE and A.Smith & Co Productions. Arthur Smith, Frank Sinton, Ian Mallahan, Dan Baime, and John Cena will serve as executive producers of “WWE: Recruits” (wt).
· Cena will also appear in the docuseries, along with other legends and current Superstars from the WWE Universe including Paul “TRIPLE H” Levesque, Shawn Michaels, Ettore “Big E” Ewan, Bianca Belaire, Ric Flair, and many more celebrity guests.
· Filming for the project is underway. Shooting locations will include WrestleMania, WWE’s biggest event of the year, which took place on April 1 and 2 at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
· John Cena, Executive Producer, “WWE: Recruits” (wt): “Millions around the world watch and dream of it, but only a handful of extraordinary individuals can become a WWE Superstar. I am so excited to bring ‘WWE: Recuits’ to The Roku Channel and look forward to giving viewers an exclusive all-access perspective on how the WWE turns the dreams of talented young people into a reality.”
John Cena’s star power knows no bounds, as he even had an interesting interaction with Snoop Dogg at WrestleMania 39. That said, we will have to wait and see how the upcoming Roku series will turn out with John Cena at the helm.
What’s your take on John Cena as an Executive Producer? Do you think the series will turn out good? Sound off in the comments!