Karrion Kross & Scarlett shocked the world by returning to WWE and getting involved in the main event picture with Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre. This is a surprising development, but a welcomed one.
Sean Sapp reported behind Fightful’s paywall that the new head of creative, Triple H, was not a fan of Karrion Kross’ first run on the main roster on the Raw brand. Kross was also rumored to go to MLW, but it turned out to be hearsay.
Fightful learned last week that talks with the two had picked up, though they’d claimed as of Monday when we reached out for a separate story that they’d not yet been contacted. For those asking about their MLW status, the two were never signed to MLW contracts, and despite being advertised for the CYN live tour, had not committed to those dates, either.
Triple H is a big supporter of Karrion Kross and Scarlett, and was said to have been “dismayed” by his handling on the WWE main roster last year. The duo have appeared on the company’s internal roster today, positioned as the #2 heels on Smackdown behind Roman Reigns.
We’re told that Kross was adamant outside of WWE that Scarlett remain a part of his presentation, to the point he passed up an AEW match with Wardlow. He didn’t want his presentation moving forward to be reminiscent of the Raw run that left a bad taste in people’s mouths.
With Triple H in charge of WWE creative, not only the road to redemption for Kross and Scarlett is in full swing, but the fans out there are rooting for him even though he’s the number two heel on Smackdown. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Kross becomes a World Champion sooner rather than later. We will have to see how things pan out, but it’s already looking worlds better than his first run.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!