MLW launched an antitrust action against WWE in January. According to MLW, a possible streaming/television contract with Tubi and Vice TV was allegedly interfered with. Just recently, Judge has denied motion to shorten pre-trial schedule in MLW’s lawsuit against WWE.
Last month, MLW submitted a motion to The United States District Court, Northern District of California, asking that the Initial Case Management Conference between the parties be shortened and moved forward to September 29th. The court had scheduled a case management session between them, but MLW noticed that it had been postponed until October. In their motion, MLW said that they cannot start the discovery process until the case management conference is concluded and asked WWE to hold a meeting.
WWE declined, citing a decision on the court’s decision on September 29th over whether to grant WWE’s move to dismiss the lawsuit. Because they would suffer significant loss and prejudice without the court’s action, MLW had urged the court to move the meeting to September 29. As the Court is scheduled to hear oral argument on WWE’s petition to dismiss, MLW also argued that shifting the conference ahead a month would enhance judicial efficiency and enable the parties to proceed with discovery more promptly.
WWE rebutted the movement. Judge Edward J. Davila rejected MLW’s motion on July 7th, according to court records that PWInsider.com acquired. WWE has also alleged that MLW has failed to substantiate many of their antitrust claims.
WWE has argued that they are not in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act. Following the WWE’s filing of the motion to dismiss, Court Bauer told PWInsider.com, “Of course, WWE is scrambling to dismiss. They don’t want this thing to go to court. I look forward to that opportunity.” Stay tuned to Ringside News to get latest updates on this story.
What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!