William Regal is a true veteran in the world of professional wrestling, who competed all over the world before making his way to WWE. He was one of the creative minds behind NXT and helped flourish the brand before Vince McMahon took over. It seems many believed Regal was not going to be released.

The company decided to release numerous talents and members of staff right after NXT’s New Year’s Evil this week. This included names such as William Regal, which came as a shock to many.

According to Fightful, William Regal was scouting talent at recent WWE tryouts. It was also said that many people backstage in the company believed that Regal would be exempt from cuts.

Fightful had asked about William Regal being off TV last week, and were told there were no plans for him or an immediate authority figure on NXT television. He’d been scouting talent at the recent WWE tryouts, but we’re told that when he was off television with no direction, it was one of the surest signs that NXT was no longer what it’d been for the decade prior. He was another Triple H favorite who helped shape the brand. Everyone that Fightful spoke to thought that Regal would be exempt from cuts regardless, but that wasn’t the case.

William Regal’s contributions to WWE and especially NXT cannot be understated in any way. We will have to wait and see what the future holds for the former NXT General Manager.

What’s your take on this story? Sound off in the comments!

Subhojeet Mukherjee

Subhojeet has been a massive fan of professional wrestling for over 22 years, since the early days of the Monday Night Wars. Aside from wrestling, he also is into TV shows, movies, Anime, novels and a lot of music.

Disqus Comments Loading...