WWE registered a new trademark a while ago that got fans excited about a new tournament coming to NXT UK. The NXT UK brand is coming back on September 17th, but we know a lot more about that tournament now.
The company announced today that the NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament is starting soon. Seven of the eight participants were already announced for the tournament already. Flash Morgan Webster, Noam Dar, Alexander Wolfe, A-Kid, Dave Mastiff, Joseph Conners, and Trent Seven will take part in the tournament
The rules of the Heritage Cup Tournament matches are as follows:
- There will be six rounds for tournament matches. Each round will be three minutes.
- There will be 20-second breaks between each round.
- All matches are two-out-of-three falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission, or countout.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- Once someone has won two falls, they are declared the winner and they advance in the tournament.
- If there’s a disqualification or knockout, the match ends.
- If a match goes the full six rounds, whoever is ahead on falls wins.
More details will be revealed when NXT UK returns to the WWE Network next week.
The episode next week will feature NXT UK in BT Sport’s new London studio. They have been unable to film any new content since March. That roster is very ready to make a return. They will have no fans in attendance during the tapings.