How WWE Plans To Air NXT With ‘Limited Commercial Interruptions’

Leave a comment

NXT will essentially present a TakeOver special on the USA Network tonight to counter program against the debut of All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite.

The USA Network is giving NXT a huge opportunity as they will present the program with limited commercial interruptions. This is something that could play into the ratings war in a huge way.

During Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez discussed WWE’s plans. Apparently, when they promoted “limited commercial interruptions” they really meant it.

“I’ve been told the first 30 minutes of the show there will be zero commercials and so they’re gonna go in there and they’re gonna do everything they can to tear the house down. I was told the first 30 minutes are apparently going to be unbelievable. That of course, is from the WWE side, that’ what they would say, but that’s what they said.”

“That’s going to be for the first 30 minutes and I believe from that point forward all of the commercial breaks are for the rest of the show are going to be either in-set or the action will be in-set like they do on SmackDown where they don’t actually go to commercial you can still watch the show in the corner of the screen.”

As we previously reported, NXT is also working with a 15 minute overrun this week.

It looks like WWE is going all out to get people to tune into NXT and keep them. There will be a lot of competition on Wednesday nights and this is just a taste of what is to come.

Welcome to the Wednesday Night Wars.

If you use our quotes credit Ringside News

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

You may also like...

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x