With many hours of original content every week, WWE continues to expand and create new avenues for success. Everything they do is centered around RAW and SmackDown Live- the two flagship shows.
One can only expect a sports entertainment company like WWE to prepare every finite detail of their show in order for it to go off without a hitch. Part of the way they do this is feeding through lines to WWE announcers. From the commentators to those at ringside, WWE is very meticulous about what they do.
Another prominent way is to use production scripts. These help the personnel to understand what they should be saying and doing throughout the show. The team over at Fightful were able to acquire a number of production scripts to showcase the type of content WWE announcers are expected to read from.
Check out the following examples from RAW on June 11:
- One Of These Superstars Will Seize Crucial Momentum Heading Into Their Money In The Bank Ladder Match – NEXT!
- (V.O. Note: Alexa Bliss Demanded To Have An Entrance For This Match.)
- Patience Is A Virtue For Some, But Not For Jinder Mahal; “The Modern-Day Maharaja” Laid Down A Challenge For A Match On Social Media, And Roman Reigns Accepted. Money In The Bank Comes Early When “The Modern-Day Maharaja” Steps Into “The Big Dog’s” Yard TONIGHT!
- What Started As A Friendly Challenge Has Escalated In Tension And Intensity; Nia Jax And Ronda Rousey Come Face-To-Face Just Days Prior To One Of The Biggest Matches In The History Of The RAW Women’s Championship TONIGHT!
- NARRATIVE COMMENTARY NOTE: Last week, the hostile alliance of Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre suffered their first setback after Ziggler was shockingly thrown over the top rope by Tyler Breeze, thus eliminating Ziggler & McIntyre from the Tag Team Battle Royal. Yet, despite their loss, McIntyre would not leave the ring without going on a warpath and making it clear to one and all that Drew McIntyre would never miss an opportunity for a fight!
- We’ll See What Braun Strowman, Finn Bàlor, Bobby Roode And Kevin Owens Are Willing To Do In Order To Gain Momentum Heading Into The Money In The Bank Ladder Match TONIGHT!
- Jonathan Coachman Promo: And now, please welcome, the RAW Women’s Champion, “The Irresistible Force” Nia Jax!
- Commentators Note That Curt Hawkins Will Look To Break His 200 Match Losing Streak Against No Way Jose – NEXT!
- (Commentators Note Sami Zayn Has His Next Obstacle For Bobby Lashley NEXT!)
You can also take a look at the production script examples from SmackDown Live on June 19:
- Greg Hamilton Announcement: Please welcome the SmackDown Women’s Champion, Carmella!
- From Last Week: Jeff Hardy Vs. Nakamura // Nakamura Gives Hardy A Low Blow, Jeff Selling The Low Blow // Nakamura Hits Hardy With A Kinshasa // Nakamura Standing Over – Commentators Note Shinsuke Was Unsuccessful In Winning The WWE Championship Five Days Following His Match Against Jeff Hardy.
- Commentators Note The Bludgeon Brothers May Have Defeated Gallows And Anderson At Money In The Bank, But In An Unexpected And Unconventional Move, Smackdown
General Manager Paige Is Giving Gallows And Anderson A Second Chance At The Smackdown Tag Team Titles Against The Fearsome Champions – NEXT!
- (“WWE would like to congratulate The Baer Family – winners of the “Rev Up Your Vacation” Sweepstakes! They joined WWE
Superstars Sheamus and Cesaro and raised the bar with a high-octane experience unlike any other at all 3 theme parks at Universal Orlando Resort! Congratulations to The Baer Family!”)
- Commentators Note Kofi Kingston Put On A Show-Stopping Performance In The Men’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match But Wasn’t Able To Overcome The Odds
If you are interested in seeing more, Fightful has a list of additional production script lines over on their Patreon which you can join by clicking here.
What are your thoughts after seeing this? Do you feel it is a system that would work for you? Sound off in the comments below.