As previously reported, WWE announced today that Daniel Bryan is cleared to return to in-ring action and is rumored to have a role at this year’s WrestleMania. Dave Meltzer discussed Bryan getting cleared on today’s installment of Wrestling Observer Live. Here are a few notes discussed:
* Bryan approached Dr. Maroon and asked him what he needed to do to get cleared. Maroon gave him a list of doctors he needed to see in order to get approved.
* Bryan was cleared by the University of Michigan doctors about a month ago.
* In the past month, Bryan visited two additional doctors for clearance.
* Bryan wasn’t cleared today. Meltzer heard that the word going around backstage at RAW was that Bryan was cleared, so it’s very possible Bryan was cleared early in the day on Monday.
* Bryan is cleared to wrestle as much as he wants or as much as WWE needs him to wrestle.
* The plan is for Daniel Bryan to team with Shane McMahon to face Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn at WrestleMania.
We should have more updates throughout the evening…
(Please H/T Ringside News when using our news)